Saturday, August 9, 2008

Let's Swap!

I have to come forward and admit it, swapping has taken over my life. It's out of control. I need to get a grip! I need help!
In between trying to keep up with pastry school I've been spending nearly all of my spare time working on swaps. Because I've been so slammed for time lately I've been lucky to get swaps out on time, and occasionally remember to take photos, but I haven't had time to post any. So here is my super big spectacular swap post.

Faux Food Swap with my Friend Debbie
Here is part of the package I sent Debbie. I love my mini needle felted pumpkins!
Debbie likes more of the primitive/grubby look so I tried to make this swap more to her style. She also collects gingerbread men, so I made her a felt gingerbread people garland.
Cute little feltie gingerbread people!
Here is the package I received from Debbie! She makes candles. Look at all these fun food candles! Yes, they are all candles or wax tarts. This box smelled AMAZING when it arrived from England. The mini tarts are carrot cake scented, the large and mini cinnamon buns smell like, well, cinnamon buns. And the banana, she calls that scent "monkey farts." I'm so juvenile, it just make me giggle!

And she had this adorable stuffed gingerbread man and spice bag garland made for me. I love it all. Thanks Debbie!

This next swap is a Faux Treats Swap with my friend Yifat.
Here is the package I sent to Yifat in Israel.

Yifat makes adorable sweet treat miniatures. This is the super fun package she sent me. Aren't they so cute? Those are sewing pins with treat toppers in the cute cupcake pin cushion. The ice cream cone is a magnet, and the two bright pink ones on the left are erasers that she made herself! Thanks so much for swapping with me Yifat!

I just received my latest swap this week.
This is the Vintage Bakery Swap with my friend Julie from CupcakeDD

Julie is the super sweet gal who sent me the fabulous Luau package blogged about here. We had so much fun with that swap that we decided to do it again with a Vintage Bakery theme!
Here is part of the package I sent her. I own a sewing machine, but really don't sew. I desperately wanted to make her dish towels with this cute fabric, so I gave it a try. I was so happy with how they turned out! I still can't believe I pulled off the ruffle.
There are more goodies that I sent Julie, but the photos just didn't want to cooperate being uploaded.
Julie went crazy with her package to me...


Yes, that's my new vintage pink mixer! Isn't it fantastic? So cool. She also sent the old decorator Schilling bottle filled with pink glitter.

And this beautiful milk glass bowl filled with pink vintage baking tools. I think I'm going to hang them on the wall in my studio. They'll fit right in. Now, I'm thrilled with all of this vintage love, but then I found another package in the box....My new "Heather" banner made just for me! I've always wanted one. The pictures didn't turn out that great because I immediately hung it on the wall before the thought of photographing it came into my brain. Seriously, it was out of the box for about 10 minutes before it was on the wall above my desk.
I just LOVE it! Sorry for the crummy pics, it's hard to get good lighting up near the ceiling. You can see scalloped pencil marks on the wall which will someday be painted aqua. Maybe if I stop swapping I'll have time to paint them.
Thanks for everything Julie!!

I think my little swapping stint is coming to an end. I need to focus on my Etsy store and new LolliShop opening this fall.

No comments: