Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bakery Box Swap


Look at the fabulously cute box I received in the mail today! I was part of a Swap-Bot swap for a Bakery Box filled with Faux Treats (my favorite kind, of course). And wow, did I get the best partner! The lovely Miss Amanda sent me a whole box with felted sweaters made into cupcakes, cakes and a cookie. They are so super cute. Check out her other crafty wares at her Etsy store, Violet.


Here is the package I sent my partner, Debbie, for the same swap. You might remember some of the felted treats from my previous Afternoon Tea post. This was the swap I made them for, but they were mailed off to the UK, so I wanted to wait until Debbie received them to post the picture of all of her goodies. The Yankee Candle tarts were all yummy food scents too.


I have to admit that I had hoped to post on my blog more frequently. OK, I had crazy dreams that I'd post every day. Well, life and school has gotten in the way of that. So I apologize for the infrequent posts. My first pastry school class has been Intro to Breads and Rolls, and while I've really enjoyed it and learned to make yummy things, I didn't want to bore you all with too many bread pictures.
I have my practical final for this class tomorrow and Friday, during which I need to make: one yeast bread, a batch of muffins, and a batch of croissant or danish (the laminated doughs for these take an entire day to make). I'm planning on making a whole wheat bread with dried cranberries and blueberries, pumpkin muffins and plain and chocolate filled croissant. We also have a written final on Friday. Wish me luck!



Here are my chocolate and strawberry cream cheese filled croissant, danish with chocolate and cinnamon raisin filling, and apple filled danish in the back
Apple cinnamon raisin coffee cake style danish
Blueberry scones, made with fresh blueberries.
Next Monday I start my next class--Classic American. This class is basically the retro housewife cookbook--pies, cookies, apple brown betty, blueberry buckles, and desserts like that. It's only two weeks long. I'll keep you posted!


I hope everyone stays dry, tornado free and cool for the week!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Thanks for the nice comments on what I sent you!! I'm so glad you liked everything. :) I'd never made felt treats and I think I might have to make some more now, they're fun! Your baked treats look soooo good, oh my goodness. Especially the scones. I wish they had baking classes like that here, how fun! I'm sure it's a lot of work though.

Aglaya said...

Eeekkk... :)

I can't stop drooling after what I've seen here!