Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pink & Green Swap

I seem to still been in an "I'm unemployed but I really don't feel like crafting" funk lately so I decided to jump back in the pool and join a swap. This way I could focus on someone else for while, make something cute and fun, and have a project for the week. Just as this thought formed in my little mind I received an email that the Lovely Miss Gypsy Mermaid was hosting a Pink & Green Swap. My favorite colors! Perfect!

I was paired with the most wonderfully fun and talented partner, Lisa. I could just tell from her beautiful blog that she deserved a fabulous swap package. And she certainly didn't disappoint me either. I received a beautiful swap package overflowing with pink and green goodies.

We needed to find a box and fill it with pink and green items. Here is the package I sent to Lisa.

I secured two small band boxes together to create a faux cake. Each "layer" was filled with glitter, trinkets, cards and other goodies.

I added decorative papers, rhinestones and needle felted flowers to decorate the "cake" box. I really love how this turned out.
We both love cupcakes so I made Lisa a custom feltie.



Here is the lovely package Lisa sent me:
Isn't this the cutest banner? It says "Life is Sweet", my motto. I LOVE it!!

This clipboard is to-die-for cute! It's also decorated with vintage cookbook images on the other side. It's so cute that I just can't image putting it aside until I use it, so I've hung it up on my studio wall.
The box she sent me is the beautiful vintage pink jewelry box filled to the brim with pink and green treasures and ephemera.
I absolutely love everything! Thanks Lisa!

I really needed this swap. It was a great way to focus on something other than my stupid job search. If anyone else is interested in doing a swap sent me an email!

My new goal is to create a least one new item per week and post it. Keep your fingers crossed!

Hugs, Heather

5 comments:

Thinkoutsidethebox2008 said...

WOW! What beautiful items you received from Lisa..I wouldn't have wanted to even open that gorgeous packaging..Obviously she put a lot of thought and care into your items..AND the pieces you sent her are wonderful keepsake treasures. I adore that 'cake' box you made!

LisaLaughs said...

Heather,
You are such a sweetie, and I am so glad you are enjoying your package of pink & green goodies!! And, they are also your favorite colors!! Hurray for pink and green!! And hurray for new swap friends!! I'd love to do another swap with you. I will send you an email early next month, so if you're game start thinking of ideas, ok?!
Smiles,
Lisa

gail said...

Hello Heather, I just wanted to stop by and say hello, I love your blog and your art!! I also make Sweet Dreams Bakery treats with zero calories! :) Its so fun. The cake box is adorable.
Happy creating,,, gail

sweetopia said...

Oooh! Glad I found your blog!! Besides pink and brown, pink and green is a favorite color combo. of mine too. =) Our wedding colors were green and pink!
Love your site; such fun and pretty things here.

Jimmy Simpson said...

My favorite color is pink.You told that "little corner of the blogosphere Yes it is ,but i found great things in your blog :-)

Regards,
Jimmy Simpson
wedding cakeWriter